Why Have a Business Website?
As a small business owner, you may be asking yourself, "How can a website enhance my business?"
"Can I afford one?"
Actually, the question is, "How can you NOT afford one?"
Look at the facts - print versus online media;
Does print advertising not do the job?
- With print media, you can take out ads in local newspapers and send out flyers about your business, and to some extent, these work. The rest of the time, they end up wrapping fish.
- With a Business Website, You Have 24/7 Representation. Customers can always look you up on the web. If you are a restaurant owner, your menu and prices, along with maps and phone numbers, are always available. People will look you up when they need to, with no waste of resources. Also, your website can be viewed over a much larger area than print advertising... after all, it IS called the World Wide Web .
How do I share something new about my business?
- Whenever you make a change to print media, when will your clients know about it? Are you going to have to print up a new batch of flyers and spend the postage to keep your clients up to date?
- With a Business Website, You Have Dynamic Updating.
- Have a price or product change? Update it quickly on your website. No embarrassingly outdated information, and at a greatly reduced cost to you. Potential customers can view current information on your business instantly, instead of tying up your phone lines with redundant questions. Do you have public events scheduled for your business? Put a calendar on your site, updateable by you. Need to get feedback from your customers? An online form handles that quite nicely. Can you do that with print media?
OK, you sold me on the website, but why should I use Mind to Sight Web Design?
Instead of getting a cookie cutter site from a company located halfway across the country, you get a site designed from scratch from a local Redmond business, plus face-to-face meetings from someone who understands your product and its value to the Central Oregon community.
While we are on the subject of local business, remember that the purchase of a site from us will insure that those funds will go right back into the Redmond economy.
Why People Like Us...
Dwain (D.C.) Lundy, Missionary, KingdomWork Ministries
"When I told friends that we needed someone to build and help manage our website they recommended Dave Shirley to us. I am deeply thankful that they did. Dave is a high degree professional. He helped me tailor the needs of our website to say exactly what I wanted it to say and to show exactly what I wanted to show. He consistently makes upgrades as we need them in a very timely manner. It is an honor for us to have Dave in our corner. I look forward to many more years of working with Dave."
Jamie Christman, Taproot Redmond
"Our non-profit community organization, Taproot, sought not only an experienced web-developer but also someone with enough creative and intuitive ability to design a site from merely a few explanations of that which did not entirely exist, let alone visually. The result was not only beyond our initial visual/interactive expectations with "room for us to grow" but also, in his ability to comprehend with foresight, he gave even greater definition to our organization and its intended purpose.
As you can imagine, this kind of understanding-turned-action was a refreshing bonus and has allowed us to be ahead of our own goals in many respects. Personally, David and I worked to create a video element for the site (his idea) and he was professional, direct, accommodating, and efficient. Being an incredibly busy person who volunteers her time for this particular organization but also comes from the world of media, those elements not only left me grateful but also sure I will want to work with him again on projects anytime.
I enthusiastically recommend his talents and expertise as worthy of consideration by anyone seeking a professional yet intuitive web experience."
Jeff Casserly, Director, Flag City USA & Wash
"Thought I’d take a moment and thank you for your very good work. For many years you’ve shepherded the Flag City USA platform, and without a doubt it’s been one of the easiest IT relationships I’ve experienced. Flag City USA promotes the values, history, heritage and protocols of our American Flag. For 30 years our primary mission is placement of full size US flags throughout the community on major holidays and for special events. In 2021 we exceeded 1,800 and the requests for a flag to memorialize a loved one continue. The public access and response to our website www.flagcityusa.us has been easy with never a complaint. In today’s “Need to Know Now” society the timely, concise and clear messages that are electronically presented to the public can’t be overstated. I and the Board of directors value your skills and look forward to a long and successful relationship with you, and wish you continued success in all your ventures. ."
Judy Notti, Operations Manager, Books for Educators
"I would highly recommend Dave Shirley and Mind to Sight Web Design for any company interested in using the internet as a marketing tool for their organization. It is a pleasure working with Dave as he is so reliable and fair.
Amy Fisher, Development Director, Central Christian Schools
"Dave at Mind to Sight Web Design was able to take our vision and create a promotional video that exceeded our expectations. Dave is professional, efficient, prompt, and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Dave at Mind to Sight Web Design for your next promotional video."
John Beal , Emmaus Lutheran Church
""As a small non-profit, we don\'t always have the time or expertise to reach our members and community, at large. During COVID, Dave brainstormed several solutions to create a web presence and even made himself available to support our after hours audiences. Dave allows us to focus on our primary mission and enhances our outreach through his services. We highly recommend Dave Shirley and Mind to Sight".